Friday, July 18, 2008

When The Lord Favors You.

Here in my study, I am currently reflecting on how God has been good to me. I am so very grateful for the opportunities he has given me in my life. Especially those that pertain to my career. I am aspiring to become a Medical Doctor, and let me tell you the truth. God has opened EVERY SINGLE DOOR. He always has. When i was called to be a physician, I first refused. I wanted to go to Film school and produce movies. That was my dream, and in fact, I actually applied. I got rejected from Film School and Medical school in the same year. I was upset to say the least, but God had other plans for me. lol.

After spending a year in medical school at Howard University in Washington, DC. I finally understand what type of doctor the Lord wants me to be. He wants me to be excellent. He wants me to be uncompromising. He wants me to achieve new heights and breakthroughs.

How do i know this?

Well, the Lord favors me. He disciplines those he loves and let me tell you the past two years i've definitely had my share. But, the course of discipline almost inevitably ends in growth and success. I never would have thought this was God's plan for me. It's been tough. But I've grown Stronger. It's been hard. But I've persevered. I never knew i had it in me. God had to bring it out. And that is what He's done.

When the Lord favors you, he sends you through the fire, so like gold, you may become refined.

No comments: