Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Dad is the MAN!!

So its late Friday Night, and i should really be asleep and preparing to go to church tomorrow. But i can't and i decided to Blog till my eyes get tired.

Folks, my dad is the Dude. This dude right here is true blue. I really want to be as purposeful as he is. This dude doesn't budge at all! When i was younger i hated it. Now I'm older, and i SOOO ADMIRE it. Man.. consistency is like his middle name! But folks, its HARD. I mean SOO hard. My dad isn't popular. My dad is chauvinistic. My dad isn't the Cool guy. He's a God fearing Man. And my Lord that is a BURDEN. I'm trying to be a Godly young Man.. and I can't even get it straight.

Well, i sense that you are wondering why i'm talking about my Dad. Well, over the past few weeks.. we have been able to talk MAN to MAN. And for the first time in my life, it feel GOOD. I understand where he is coming from. No more Blind obedience.. I understand now. I understand now because i am ALSO a Man. I've grown up.. I've learned it the hard way. Now it's time to Do it God's way.

I wanna be strong for the Lord like my dad is strong for the Lord. One day i'm going to have a family. And when that Day comes i want my son to say that I'm a Man of God. That will pay omage to my father, who pays omage to his father, who pays omage to THE FATHER.

No comments: