Friday, July 4, 2008

Transformers

Ok.. my favorite movie is Transformers. I love that JOINT. but that is not what this blog is about. This blog is about me. Transforming. Yep.

So, for those of you who know me really well, you know my current situation. I'm not going to go in-depth with it, but lemme tell you that right now, as we speak, I'm going through one of the HARDEST, if not THE HARDEST part of my life. And right now.. I'm also going through the HAPPIEST part of my life. The two are not related. I'm happy because i have this friend that I'm so grateful to know and she has totally made me smile these past couple of weeks. In fact when i think about her, i just smile. And boy lemme tell you.. shes a blessing from God.

Anyway. So today, June 3, my parents and i had a final conversation on how to fix what's going wrong in my world. and I am sooo grateful for their advice. But i still felt kinda down. The night grew on and I just needed to get my head straight and figure out what a brotha needs to do. I decided to go see a movie.

I was hungry. So before i decided to go, i stopped at Taco Bell. Since I live in a small town of at most 1500 people, i knew that i was going to see somebody i knew and i didn't want that. I just wanted to be alone and think. So i ordered my favorite bean burrito at the drive through and who do i see out my window? Kurtley Knight and David Franklin!!!

Yo.. These two cats were my BOYS at Oakwood man. I looked up to both of them. lol. My days on the USM were hilarious! Kurtley Knight was the USM Pastor and David Franklin was doing NAPS. Two very good dudes.. Sorry ladies.. David is getting married and Kurtley i think has a girlfriend. Anywho, they are both up here at Andrews in the Seminary.

Nonetheless, we just started chattin it up real hard. About Oakwood, Andrews, Fusion, AY... etc. It was crazy man.. it was really cool too. They asked me what i was doing home, and I said I need to figure things out. Then they said do i feel called into the ministry. I was like WHAT!!!? OH hecks NO.. they both tried to corner me....... I desperately tried to get back in my car. Two seminary students praying, you never know what can happen. I wasn't tryin to see either. Jokes man.. Jokes..

We joked around some more about some other nonsense, then this fool Kurtley spoke to my situation. He told me that he really enjoyed being at Andrews. He said It was really peaceful here. And he said that this is where God placed him to be in order for God to mold and train him to be a man totally used by God. That right now there took me for a surpise. And at the same time almost made a brotha break down. See folks. I don't know why things like this keep happening to me. I'm not a complainer and one would think to just keep it moving and go to the next step, but if yall really knew.. this is tough. I don't know really what to do. So.. i just listened.

Kurtley and David started talking about Elijah being in the wilderness, and Joseph being in the pit, and Moses becoming an exiled prince. I'm like, "do all these seminarians have like sermons in their back pocket?" But at the same time they were being completely honest with me and letting me know that while i'm going through my JOB experience, God is doing some amazing things in my life. He is preparing me for big and better things. He was Transforming me. And then right there in the middle of the parking lot between Phillips 66, DQ, and Taco Bell, those dudes prayed their heart out for me.

I needed that. Folks i really needed that. I felt my faith wavering and God has this thing were he doesn't respond right away. In fact.. this dude sometimes doesn't respond at all.. for a long time. But Last Night, he responded to my prayers by my two random friends i haven't seen in years..

Awesome. actually.. freakin' Amazing.. lol.

No comments: