Friday, January 16, 2009

my dad called me today.

My dad and i only talk for about 4 mins per month on a regular. Our conversations usually go, "Hows the car? Did you check the oil? How is school? Hows miss Nicole? and that's it. However, tonight he called and we talked for 66 mins and 11 sec. I'm very happy about that. See, My dad is a Man of God. And today he said that he felt in his spirit i was going through some rough times. It was true. My life right now is sooo hard. Its one thing after another. And he just called to give me some encouragement. To tell me to hold on and not give up. And like the little kid that I am, I begged him to stay on the phone and just kept talking, and talking, and talking. Then i listened and listened and listened. It's an amazing thing to have parents who are alive and who you can talk to even if it's only like once a year you can have a heart to heart. I know families that talk to their parents everyday. I would envy them. I would wish that my parents and I were as close.

But the truth is, more than i want my parents to talk to me every day.. I'm more than satisfied that they PRAY for me everyday, and all day..

Thank you mom and dad.

No comments: